The JPS 2021 Trauma-Thon is a virtual program series focusing on current trauma, critical care, and complex social concerns impacting care delivery.
The symposium features cutting edge lectures, innovative topics and interactive discussions by leaders in the field of trauma care. Through well researched and evidence based trauma medical care, this symposium is intended to heighten participantsÔÇÖ competence by providing the most up-to-date best practice guidelines, pre-hospital care, violence prevention, cultural and language intricacies and treatment and management of traumatic injuries. The conferenceÔÇÖs overall goal is to produce positive patient outcomes, provide professional development opportunities and expanded clinical practice guidelines for injury prevention and trauma care.
Initial objectives include:
- Define ÔÇ£meaningful language accessÔÇØ and its impact on culture and linguistic communication related to wellness concepts.
- Identify the three regulatory agencies that are working together.
- Delineate how hospital violence based intervention programs impact communities in crisis.
- Recognize how pre-hospital trauma care, current practice with patient input improve patient outcomes.
- Describe the impact of chronic stress and accelerated aging on inflammatory response, including the relationship between pre-trauma stress and post-trauma outcomes in the injured patient.
Click here to download the digital agenda.
|October 12||Noon||Inflammagining, Trauma, and Patient Outcomes
Dr. Elizabeth NeSmith, PhD, RN
Professor & Chair, Physiological & Technological Nursing Augusta University
|October 19||Noon||Firearm Safety - Education for the Medical Professional and Family||
Dr. Daniel Guzman
Cook ChildrenÔÇÖs Medical Center, Distinguished Consultant Aim for Safety Firearm Awareness Program
The Center for ChildrenÔÇÖs Health
|October 26||Noon||Qualified and Trained Interpreters Help Address Healthcare Disparities||
Susie Amezquita, RHIA, MPA
Language Services JPS Health Network
JPS Health Network is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
CME Credit Designation
Continuing education credit will be available for JPS members only at this time.